Woof!

by -Matt Cexwish-


(...) Bones must be somewhere near!! Can smell them!! Rwoof! Must be somewhere here! Or here? Or here? Better start digging *scrubbscrubb*... No, not here... Maybe over there?! *scrubbscrubbscrubb*... Where are my Bones? Feeder took them?! He has beaten us many times. He is no Good, why has he hidden them? Maybe he angry that I protected them from the Evil Blue Man? Chained me to my house... Had to break free, had to! Now where are my Bones?! Woof! (...) 


As one of two small, yet very condensed and somewhat extremely Experimental Entries for the Monte San Savino Show 2012, the Micro Diorama "Cerbero The Dog" examines a couple of different questions: How many Elements do a Diorama need in order to tell a story? How minimal do they have to be? Can the Base load / transport a certain Strenght and Weight into a Character (e.g. because of it´s haptic Properties?)...

Many, many people told me in Person that they were very intrigued by the concept and nearly as many were left slightly confused, not knowing if they liked it or even got it or not... I think it is very nice that a small thing like this Micro Diorama has the power to polarize People (as most were expecting me to bring some super huge, humongeous, batshit crazy Stuff, as usual... as I dislike expectations and love to play with them and as this Miniature marks my return to painting after a 6 Month break caused by my Diploma, I am pretty happy about the result...^-^...)... Some got my intended (pretty flat and simple) Story immediately or made up their own weird thoughts about what is going on, which made me kinda happy indeed...

I wish I had worked more on developing the Cerberus Symbology a bit better by adding some Elements that I decided to leave out (like the Hand of the buried Evil Blue Man, a lot of cans, bottles and carrots... I wanted to keep it Minimalistic after all...) but I think I will do another Piece anyways that deals with the mythical Idea as it is pretty interesting...

And yes, the Diorama Smells like Dog if you rub the Wood... No Animals were harmed while making it (some dog hair might have been slightly bruised, though...:D...)

Thanks to my dear Friend Edgar "degra" Skomorowski for sculpting an absolutely amazing Dog... Get it here!

Hope Mr. Murelli will send me some Pictures of my Second Entry, the Steam Magician, as the Miniature is now at his place (Exchange Miniature)... Will post it as soon as I receive some Pics, so stay tuned...;)...






Comments:

There are 7 Kommentare for Woof!

Post a Comment