Lovechild Alice

by Der_Ben

Posted by Mandril aka Ben Komets:

hey folks,
long time no hear or see..
her is my newest work..i hope you like it
its a jointventure between me and a Ernst Veingart ,a mainly historical sculptor from riga in latvia,
we met at the world expo 2008 in girona..
and as we liked each others work... we decided to do a team project..
i had a idea for a biiig project...for next world expo
but first we decided to make a small project for the start ... to see if we could work together.
our small idea turned out to become a real big thing..
starting with one of my favorite topics of all time.. Alice in the wonderland..with a picture by Arthur Rackham
http://web228.011.netroom.de/blog/wp-content/uploads/Arthur-Rackham-Alice-in-Wonderland.jpg
and it turned out to be one of the most challenging pieces off what i have painted so far.
we thought long time how to transform this drawing in to a 3d sculptur..

i dont want to sound to theatrical but.. i must really thank Ernst for having such a deep trust in me sending me his lovechild alice ... after knowing me just a couple of days. and trusting me that i will du my best to paint her up. And his lovely wife Inara for backing him of for the nearly three month he worked full time on that sculpt.
And i whant to thank my girl kristin ....because she beared my bitchyness whenn i was going crazy because of paintnig to many cards..

and thanks to Marlene Fulde for those Fotos....

here is a Link to coolmini...


http://coolminiornot.com/260291

and as i´m to lazy i will copy and paste the text....



cheers
Ben







here is a link to see the green but i´m sure ernst will put up pics here very soon as well:http://www.chen-la.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3859&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105&sid=9e874dbe28cf9c093e2f6c2440787df4

Comments:

There are 17 Kommentare for Lovechild Alice

Post a Comment