MU 39 - Roman Aquilifer, Nuts Planet

by Roman aka jar

 


Ave!

"Tomorrow is nothing, today is too late; the good lived yesterday."
 Marcus Aurelius

"The Roman legionary was a professional soldier of the Roman army after the Marian reforms. Legionaries had to be Roman citizens under the age of 45. They enlisted in a legion for twenty-five years of service, a change from the early practice of enlisting only for a campaign."

 
Well twenty-five years listed in service, somewhere in Africa or even cold old Britannia!
That is though. So let's consider Roman Soldiers are though guys, but why are they not allowed to look ... uhm, Nuts!



Nutsplanet is a young figure company from South Korea and brings a little change into the hard and though looking models of historical warfare. They got big heads, great detailed uniforms and a character I can not really resist. I want to paint them as they are so funny ...

I was able to get my hands of one of their sculpts the "Roman Aquilifer" and make ready to do the Unpacking for you now. I hope you enjoy ...

The box that arrives ...


I really enjoy the different angles you get of the model ... not in the internet, but on the box!


Opening and unpacking gives you this content:


Unzipping the detail parts:


That is truely a lot of stuff but as the figure comes at least in 70 mm it is same to "normal" historical models. They got the same content. I really prefer the figure casted in Resin like this one. Historical Figures often tend to be casted in White Metal and if they are bigger they are a pain in the muscles to paint. The Resin quality of this cast is pretty good. While sanding and drilling here and there during the preparations I did wear my breathing mask as it did not smell healthy.

Having a closer look on the parts ...


I love the lionhead ...


Really I do ...


The face got a very homouristic character ... a little sad, but maybe just a though Roman Soldier far away from Rome ... uhm, home ...






As you can see in the following photos and the ones above, there is always a little work needed to remove resin cast parts. They are easy to handle, some I did break and clean with a knife and smaller ones I cut with the blade. What I also enjoy is the fitting of the parts to eachother. Nutsplanet made their homework and it is really a joy to put the figure together ...



To show you were I failed totally in this Miniature Unpacked, here is a photo of the prepared figure, ready for priming. Sadly, during the whole article I missed to show you the metal staff that was also in the box of the figure.


If you want to have a figure that takes you on a little different historical journey I can only recommend Nutsplanet to you ... very cool to paint too!


Hope you enjoyed this Miniatures Unpacked 

Comments:

There are 2 Kommentare for MU 39 - Roman Aquilifer, Nuts Planet

Post a Comment