Inuit Fisherman

by Roman aka jar

Hi jungle people,

maybe some of you have seen this finished bust already, but it was not yet shown on MV.

It is a real beautiful sculpt by Romain van den Bogeart which is not available at a miniature company, but directly by asking him, the sculptor himself, via his blog or his facebook page. A true big bust as it is about adult male fist size. Well, this is not an accurate describtion I know but maybe you get a better hint of its size by the size comparision photo in the end.

What I can say is that it was fun to paint and learn about its theme.
I was not aware of much history of these natives, but glued myself into some proper read, starting with Wikipedia. I went deeper and read to novels concerning these people and had some very interesting talk with a canadian friend about them, which made me dig even deeper in their today's life. And there I met sadness, these people are struggling with the global warming, facing radiation in their fish due recent nuclear power plant disasters and try to survive in this modern world with their old traditions and habits.

I tried to paint this model with the emotions I found during my research and wanted to catch the sculptors emotion in my paintjob, as I did feel Romain's power in it in every inch.

There will be an upcoming step by step of this bust and the work I have done on it via Massive Voodoo's year of the painter sooner or later, but preparing such articles with all the photos and the texts always takes a little longer than you might think. I am looking forward to write this article in the future, I hope you do too :)


Inuit Fisherman
sculpt by Romain van den Bogeart








If you want to see more photos of this painted version of this bust, please visit my gallery on Putty&Paint.

I told you about the size comparision, well here it is, even it looks a little strange from the light situation as it was made with lightning by the camera and the yellow cabinet lamp:

 Following you can see a little preview to the step by step article on this bust: The early journey's start and the final black painting of the plinth. In between a lot happened and will be explained to you in the future of Massive Voodoo's year of the painter.



Let me know what you think, like, dislike, etc. of this bust 
and keep on happy painting!
Best Wishes, 
Roman

Comments:

There are 5 Kommentare for Inuit Fisherman

Post a Comment