Kong's WIP thoughts - May #02

by Roman aka jar

posted by roman, jarhead, kong



Jello people! 

Another round of Kong's WIP thoughts. These days are pretty busy with preparing and shipping the Artbooks. So not much time is left to work on figures these days, but during the last private practice some paintwork has been done on a wonderful bust, sculpted by Romain van de Bogeart, distributed by Wonderlands Project. All I did here is so far the explanation work of the private practice we had a week ago with Lisa, Oli and Andi. Thanks for the beautiful time.

I started with a dark green basecoat via Airbrush ...



Followed I worked my way with the airbrush to some light areas, also added different colours like skintone and brown to the facial area ...



Next, I switched to the brush and started intensifying the light areas and also used dark and colourful glazes (for example red mixed with black or dark sea blue) to work out the wrinkles. Started on some contrast on the horns and skin coloured areas. Also prepared the eye colours ...



Next step was working on the eyes and intensifying the contrast between dark and light colours again. I also used the airbrush again in this step, to bring in a dark purple shadow to the volumes of the figure. So far that is how far the project went during the 2 days. I will definatly for sure have to work more on the bust but not right now ...



Next steps will include working out more contrast in the overall skin to get it all to the level of the face. Then final detail work on the contrasts will be on schedule, so called detail lights. I have no idea when the bust might be done, but what I can say is that I enjoy painting this sculpt a lot ...

So far, read you next time for more of Kong's thoughts ...
Keep on happy painting!
Best Wishes
Roman

Comments:

There are 4 Kommentare for Kong's WIP thoughts - May #02

Post a Comment