Review: Beginner Workshop II, Augsburg

by Roman aka jar

 Good Morning Jungle!
time for another review.

I am finally catching up with speed over 9000+ when it comes to blogging :) - this review is about my second beginner workshop this year in Augsburg. The workshop was a 2G+ venue in terms of pandemic restrictions ...



Thanks to all of you for a beautiful happy painting weekend!
Thanks for all the help during the class and afterwards.Thank you for joining up for the class even in times of a pandemic and your joy to learn painting wisdom and philosophy :)

From far and close, first timers and repeaters ...
thank you for signing up!

I want to thank you all for your feedback that I can use to build this review with!
Stay healthy and paint happily :)

Thank you, Kilian for your unique teaching wish and your help during the class!
I will write you soon about what we spoke of!



The theory parts contain:

- Learn to see your world with different eyes
- Introduction into basing composition
- Learn how to feel harmony in different aspects
- Important contrasts for figure painting
- Explanation about how to paint a light situation on your figure
- Understand colour theory and learn how to use it properly
- Learn about different materials, their unique properties and learn to paint them
- Learn to lose fear of doing something wrong
- much more!

painting the night away



Tim says about the workshop:

„Roman is a gifted artist who can not only explain things in an easy to understand way, but also with humor and attention to detail.

At first I was unsure if I should participate in the Beginner Workshop, since I had not painted for over a year. But - IT HAS PAID.

I learned not only how to create atmosphere, but also how to put colors together and combine them so that the overall work forms a unity. The best thing: I have painted the whole minature with just 3 colors + black & white. I never thought that I would have learned so much after only 3 intensive days.

Roman, thank you from the depth of my heart for these great days. I can not describe how much you have changed my view of things in life and in nature.

I now walk through life with a different view and see things that I might not have seen before. Was it just a dream?

 
"The Beginner Workshop was a really memorable experience for me. I painted when I was a teenager (but stopped painting around 2001). 20 years later I picked up the brush again because of Covid lockdowns and the need to do something that is both relaxing and creative. I soon got lost in all the youtube content that is now available. Yes, you might get some good insights, but what you lack is the 'bigger picture'. This is where Roman as the master really brings the difference. In the Beginner Workshop I learned so much about atmosphere, storytelling, composition, how to apply different forms of contrasts, staying in a workflow etc. But besides the content of the workshop itself, I want to mention two things that made the weekend really memorable for me. First is Roman as a teacher. I think our workshop was maybe the 110th time Roman gave it. But the energy, passion and soul he put in made me feel it was just as important as the first workshop he gave. The second reason was the group of fellow students. It was awesome to be in group of like-minded people all doing what we love best. Everybody was really helpful, not-competitive, eager to learn and fun to be around with. I think most miniaturepainters are introverted yet social people. It was like a warm bath to be in such a nice group!"

                            - Tim








"Thanks for an inspiring painting weekend. I am quite proud of what I painted under your guidance. As a "return customer" of the beginner workshop I also enjoyed deepening the color theory part and working with a focused vision. "
 

                                                           - Malte


"Thank you for everything and stay as you are. I am sure we will meet again - I WILL BE BACK 😉"

 - Tobias aka "the drunken demonette under the lantern"




"After taking the course, I started to observe my environment differently. I became more concious of how light shines in real life and how it is depicted in books and drawings. A truly eye-opening experience."
                           - Nils



"I had taken a longer break from painting, I was simply out of breath and couldn't motivate myself. My goal in the workshop was to rekindle the desire to paint. I can only say Mission Accomplished. Thank you Roman for the wonderful weekend. In the meantime it was a long dry spell, but after that I was rewarded all the more with every further brushstroke. Thanks a lot and keep on happy painting. "

 

                                - Michael







"Thank you for the wonderful and incredibly educational weekend. I'm not only grateful to my wife for giving me this great time in your course (and what better gift than time to remember?), But also to you for the great time and for the basis for my rudimentary skills to develop further.

- Bjorn






"Hi Roman, I would like to thank you very much again for the wonderful workshop! You have structured the various topics well in theory with a subsequent practical part and you can simply see the experience you have gained over the years. Be it through workshops, your studies or your own painting experience. You combine everything excellently in your workshop and pick up everyone at their painting level. You probably lost a good art teacher. Not really, because that's exactly what you do with the workshops - bringing different aspects of art closer to others. If I can, I will definitely take part in one of your workshops again! I also thought it was great that you took Kilian, who wants to go in this direction himself, under your wing and helped him get started in the teaching world. What I found a bit of a shame was the division of the group into two. It was right and important to separate the group in the current situation. But that didn't make you tangible for everyone in the same way. On the other hand, it made one or the other decision on your own instead of turning to you with every little problem. After all, you grow with your tasks. 

 But that's only a small flaw that you can only influence to a limited extent. I am already looking forward to my new projects with the newly acquired knowledge. From now on there is a bit of a novel in each of my characters that whispers from the shoulder into my ear - and maybe a bit of Rowan who persuades me from the other shoulder. (Little fun fact: Next to Create and Play there is a poster on or in a building that says Rowan. I immediately thought of your opponent):"

- Lars



Thanks to everyone
who showed up for the workshop. It was a great weekend, with wonderful students, eager to learn the ways of happypainting and able to stand my blabla for thirtythree hours of class schedule. As a teacher my student's results made me really proud and we all were able to share good vibrations all around.

At the moment I postponed plans for the new year due the ongoing uncertainity due the pandemic.
I filled up my schedule until April 2022 with private coachings and plan to organise weekend workshops from January on when I know
a bit more about the actual Covid rules. So, workshops will not happen next year before the end of April.

Keep on happy painting everyone and thanks for coming to the seminar!
Stay healthy!

Roman


Comments:

There are 0 Kommentare for Review: Beginner Workshop II, Augsburg

Post a Comment