SBS: The Cappuccetto - From an Idea to Sculpture

by Daniele "Found" Trovato


The Cappuccetto: from an Idea to Sculpture


Hi everyone!!
Let's go together with sculpting a personal charming bust :-)



The Main Idea


My daughter loves stuffed animals :-)

Last Christmas I bought her a big and soft plush dog, and since that day the big dog was always with her :-)

While I was sculpting something, my daughter was talking to her puppet, hugging him from behind.

In winter period,  my daughter normally wears a small shawl.



My Little Anastasia and her best friend :-)



 Do you guess what I immediately thought? :-)






Yes! You nailed it: The Little Red Riding Hood


Sketching time

Start with a wood piece with an armature created with metal wire.




So, I using my Super Sculpey Original and I start to sketch my idea:











From now on I will use the most useful and important tool of every sculptor: his own hands !!
As I always said: GO ROUGH!


https://www.foundminiatures.com










I baked it, so i have a more hard surface to use as an armature for soft clay.
For this bust I used a mix of Beesputty firm with FIMO Professional (about 50%-50%)
This mix was suggested  by Valentin Zak, and I think it's pretty useful, because personally I can choice the amount of stickness of the clay: the more is amount of Beesputty, the more sticky is the clay.













I tried different face and expression, in order to obtain something interesting. No rules. Just followed my inspiration.
I Always change the pose, the expression until it satisfies me.





As you can see, sculpting is a try and attempts process.
You don't have to hurt yourself searching perfection.

Firsly, I used Thun Angel Face as a inspiration

Immagine correlata



Just unleash your imagination, and have fun, the rest are details.

I didn't use any reference, Jjst used my memory, my experience and my fun!





I changed the face expressions of both about 15 times.


The Ultimate Step-by-Step


This is the detailed step by step of the process: :-)
  1. Have an Idea, "your" idea.
  2. Sketching
  3. Have fun....
  4. Failure....
  5. Try....
  6. Have fun....
  7. Frustrating....
  8. Attempt....
  9. Try.....
  10. Have fun......
  11. I want to give up...
  12. Try...
  13. I will never sculpt anything...
  14. Attempt...
  15. I hate my work
  16. Try...
  17. I hate my hobby...
  18. Try...
  19. It seems good...
  20. Have fun....




  21. You need love, persistence, and passion to obtain good results.


    https://www.foundminiatures.com


    The meaning of my process is this: people aren't interested in process, people want results.
    My goal for this article is to remember that behind every piece of art ,there is work and love.

    You don't buy a single piece of resin.
    You buy the artist time, the experience,  the work and the love for art. 


    1% is talent,
    99% is practice,
    experience,
    failure
    and attempts







    The Finished Sculpture

    Sometimes I ear  comments about sculptures:
    ...This is not perfect...
    ...That is not symmetrical...
    ...The nose is curve...
    ...Those isn't anatomically correct...
    etc... etc....

    This is ART: no one can judge yours!


    I suggest you don't think about people comments!
    You have to think about the creation process.
    Did it give you fun? That's the real important thing!



    I wanted to create a cartoon shape baby with a cartoon Wolf, that's all.

    The Cappuccetto


    Designed and sculpted by
    Daniele "Found" Trovato



    
    The  Cappuccetto


    The Cappuccetto

    
    The Cappuccetto

    The Cappuccetto


    I decided to produce this bust myself
    exclusively  48 hours preorder, so you can find it here

    I hope this article can be a source of inspiration for you, in order to have the best fun and never give up.


    Keep Sculpting
    Daniele



    Link and resources:

    _______________________________________________________________________________

    Massive Voodoo is Free for You! Could you support us? 
    If you like to support or say thanks the monkeys of Massive Voodoo in what they do, please feel invited to drop a jungle donation in their direction via paypal or check their miniatures they got on sale here.
    _______________________________________________________________________________

    Comments:

    There are 0 Kommentare for SBS: The Cappuccetto - From an Idea to Sculpture

    Post a Comment