BAM!

by Roman aka jar

posted by roman, jarhead, kong

Sometimes ...

... there are hard times when it comes to motivation of miniature painting.

You all know what I mean. The lack of ideas, too much routine during painting, not dancing with the muse and all seems to fade out to grey ... Sometimes I got those days too. Sometimes they take weeks to pass by and painting is not what it used to be.

During such days - while wandering the dark valleys of nothing - I did start one of those nice russian Barbarians by the Russian Alternative Label at a painting class of mine in Graz, Austria. After those wonderful paintjobs by Yellow One I wanted to made mine in a Slaanesh theme. Bad idea. I totally got lost during the project and in the end I hated myself for choosing a colour scheme I wasn't able to paint on that particular figure. This went so far that the problem I had with this figure transfered to other of my projects. I really got lost and took the project aside.

In the end I found a very personal solution to this figure, added a statue I bought in Florence last year during our trip to Italy and finished it with a totally different topic. I just transfered what I felt into the project and it made BAM! again ... In the end I found fun again by not taking the project too serious, I did take it personal :) - hope you like it!

BAM!
Russian Alternative, 28 mm



Indeed that is not what I planned first,
but it really was helping me to get my mind free again ...

Let me know what you think and if you know these moments and days and weeks too?
Keep on happy painting!
Best Wishes
Roman

Comments:

There are 2 Kommentare for BAM!

Post a Comment