FIN: Tokyo rain - NutsPlanet Agent Aida (1/35)

by Andy

Hello everyone,


It's Andy, again. Today, I want to show to you my finished project “Tokyo rain”.


First ideas - Street fashion

The miniature is from NutsPlanet called Agent Aida (1/35). As soon as I saw her, I had a scene of street fashion walking on the pavement in mind. Of course, the pistol in her right hand was too much, so I decided to cut it away and did a slight repositioning of the fingers of the right hand.

I started the project with priming black and white and some Grisaille underpainting. To get the first impression of my idea, I tinted the different parts with GW Contrast paints. 


Refining the idea – Tokyo by night

The plan was to finish the lady at the MV-Family-Meeting from this point on in a cool comic style with bold black shadows.


At some point during the Meeting, Roman came up with the idea of a strong atmospheric light to create an additional punch and I really appreciated the input. The idea of rainy Tokyo with all the neon lights arose. Just google „Tokyo rain“ and you’ll see it :)


To paint such strong athmospheric OSL effect, I usually start with a darker tone and continuously define the effect with increasingly brighter tones the closer I get to my imagined light source.

The easiest way to do that is with an airbrush. Grab your color of choice, dilute it to have more control about the opacity and shoot it from your preferred angle, just as simple as that. 

With a brush it’s a bit more challenging but also doable – paint a small mark at your base in the preferred angle to save the perspective and touch every surface visible from this angle with the color of your choice.


   

Tokyo Nights – in the rain

Working on the OSL and neon atmosphere I had another idea to make the project a bit more interesting. How about adding rain to the scene? The effect of raindrops was on my bucket list of things to try for years and this was the perfect project for it. I painted some circles on the ground and used the icicles tutorial to create the water-drops. 


Final results

And here are the pictures of the final results.










Thanks for reading and your interest. Feel invited to comment in the section below.

Andy

Comments:

There are 2 Kommentare for FIN: Tokyo rain - NutsPlanet Agent Aida (1/35)

Post a Comment