Project Diary: Bornhöved 1227 A.D. - Prologue

by David

Hey all,


this is David with a small teaser for an upcoming, larger series of individual but interconnected posts. I call this collection of posts a project diary. Different than the diary on 1177 B.C. I wrote a while back, this is not so much intended as a sequential series of WIP-shots and explanations of how I created a single miniature. Instead, this diary will mainly feature pictures of finished miniatures, together with some accompanying thoughts and bits of information, that are part of a larger project of multiple individual miniatures and multi-figure vignettes.

The project

The title of the larger project is Bornhöved, 1227 A.D.. Bornhöved is the name of a small town in the middle of nowhere in the northern German region of Holstein. In 1227 A.D., a battle took place there, in which the troops of German princes and cities fought the invading army of King Valdemar II of Denmark and his German allies - and which had great consequences for the further development of (Northwestern) European history. The goal of the project is for me to learn more about this period in medieval European history - by recreating (some of) the people who participated in that battle in 1/72 scale.

What lies ahead

Over the coming months, I will use the diary to document what I learn about some of the people who (possibly...) participated in that medieval battle. And, of course, to show off the miniatures I created while doing so. In the first article in this series, however, I will start out with a little historical primer about the Battle of Bornhöved. So, stay tuned for a little history lesson dropping in next month!

I'd be happy if you followed along - let me know, in the comments or through my email (david [at] massivevoodo [dot] com), if you have questions. Thanks so far - and see you in a bit!

Best, D.


p.s.: A big, chunky thank you! to my jungle-brother Roman for creating the wonderful header pic for my diary!


Links to all published diary entries


  1. Prologue
  2. A Little History Lesson
  3. Two Older Minis

Comments:

There are 0 Kommentare for Project Diary: Bornhöved 1227 A.D. - Prologue

Post a Comment