SBS: Painting a lion on canvas

by Roman aka jar

Painting a lion on canvas 

Not much to tell on this beautiful wednesday,
but I did not want to keep the jungle too silent though :)


A while back I painted a lion on canvas.
Done with mainly acrylics.






Time to dry out before I can continue.


Some days later ...
Creative processes need their own time. May it be on figures, in a your sketch book, in your mind, in your brain and on your actual projects.






Oh my gawd. Eyes fail!


I really enjoyed the sunlight situation on this photo ...


Decided to use it as inspiration while continueing ...


Called it done.


I hope you enjoy this little walkthrough. Mainly pictures speaking, I know.
Funny thing is, that the process I paint on canvas is not far from my process I do when painting figures. From rough and wild to sharp and detailed.

Happy Painting to you!

_______________________________________________________________________________
You want to support Massive Voodoo? 
If you like to support or say thanks the monkeys of Massive Voodoo in what they do, please feel invited to drop a jungle donation in their direction via paypal or check their miniatures they got on sale here.

Comments:

There are 0 Kommentare for SBS: Painting a lion on canvas

Post a Comment