FIN: Deep One Pinup - 1/72

by David

Hey all,


welcome back to another look at a recently finished mini. This is a special project for me - a slight diversion from my usual historical stuff. I painted it for a little miniature exchange with Maartje "MaGie" Giesbers. I have always been a great fan and admirer of Maartje's wonderfully lively, colorful and clean paintjobs, so I was super-happy when she agreed to do a little mini swap with me.


At first, it took me a little to find the perfect miniature for the swap, but since her preference for painting strong female miniatures is well established (well, she even wrote a book chapter on that...), it was clear to me that it needed to look for a nice - and ideally playful - female sculpt. Add in that Maartje is a PhD-carrying marine biologist, and voilá: the idea to build a little scene of a female Deep One (Lovecraftian humanoid dwellers of the seas) taking a leisurely walk at the beach was born. And, of course, it had to be done in my favorite small scale of 1/72nd!


The original miniature is from the Fantasy Pin-up line by Artizan Guild and was slightly resculpted and printed by my jungle brother Andy (THANKS, man!). During painting I aimed to recreate the color scheme of white sharks and also emulate scaly, irregular skin. Pics were taken by Maartje - who, I am very happy to report - really liked the mini! :-)

The project is also on Putty&Paint, if you feel like leaving a vote.

Talk to you soon. All the best,

D.

Comments:

There are 0 Kommentare for FIN: Deep One Pinup - 1/72

Post a Comment