FIN: Otto I "the Child"

by David

Hey all,


I am happy to show you some pics of a project I finished a year ago - but for which I only now have some nice pics, thanks to my brother Roman who took them during a recent stay of the MASSIVE VOODOO family at his study (check this link for a comprehensive report on that fantastic weekend!!!).
The vignette shows Duke Otto I of Brunswick-Lüneburg (ca. 1204 – 9 June 1252) during the Battle of Bornhöved in which an army of the Northern German Hanseatic League fought against the troops of the Danish king Valdemar II and his German allies. The Hanseatic forces took victory, allegedly supported by a miracle of St Mary Magdalene, and Otto, who had allied with the Danish, was taken prisoner. I imagine the scene showing the moment when Otto realized his defeat, briefly before being taken hostage.
The project is part of my long-term "series" of miniatures, vignettes and small dioramas centered on personalities and scenes from the Hanseatic League, which I started when I moved to Hamburg in 2018. Check the links if you like to see a few more: Knight of Lübeck, Teutonic Knight, Fisherman at Visby. A few more are yet to come...

Thanks for your interest. Talk to you soon! Best,

D.


p.s.: Otto is also up at Putty & Paint, if you feel like voting...

Comments:

There are 0 Kommentare for FIN: Otto I "the Child"

Post a Comment